Charlotte's Fibers, Brevard, NC

Headquarters for Yarn Lovers!
Western North Carolina's Premier Fiber Arts Community. Everything for Knit and Crochet.
Spinning, Weaving & Lace Making, Too!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Casting On

My friend Deb has a real way with words.  Ask me to name a dog or a blog and I'll be brain-tied and prosaic.  Ask Deb to name a dog or a blog and out pop at least half a dozen cute, catchy monikers.  She really has a talent that way.  Guess who named "The Yarn Maven's Musings"?  (Hint:  It wasn't I!).  Thanks, Deb!  

I'm giving myself permission to spend more time knitting now than I have in most of the years that I've owned Charlotte's Fibers.  It always seemed more important to get the "business of business" taken care of, and there's no doubt that is important.  But I came to realize that I need to be able to enjoy the yarn and the patterns with which I surround myself in a more concrete way than just looking at them or helping other people knit or crochet with them (as rewarding as that is!).  So I've been casting on, and knitting, and even occasionally casting off (LOL).  It's so nice to actually finish something!

My favorite current project is the "Two Button Vest" as seen in Vogue Knitting's Spring/Summer 2011 Issue.  The original was knit in white Bergere de France "Soja".  I'm using Soja but elected to use color "Feuille", a nice soft green.  The back is nearly complete (oops!  had to frog back to a mistake I couldn't live with after I finished it the first time), and the left front is on a holder.  Right front shouldn't take too long, so I expect to be able to wear this lovely vest soon.

Two Button Vest
in Bergere de France
"Soja"

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're taking/making more time to knit for yourself! The vest will look great on you, too.

    ReplyDelete